Wednesday, April 26, 2006

r-e-s-p-e-c-t
I saw the image of God in my bowl of cornflakes this morning,
but I was hungry and ate it anyway.

I guess it was a miracle and I should have saved it, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Besides - I'm an imaginative guy and the box is still pretty full... so it could happen again.

Come to think of it...

I bet Jesus only did that "walking on water" miracle once because He didn't want the disciples to pester Him every time somebody dropped a paddle.

I suppose we assume that rare occurences are things to be respected - kind of like me writing a decent poem. And now you know why I rarely write a decent poem.

Paddle with your hands, people.

posted by Carl Bryant @ 12:39 AM   4 comments Literary Shirts

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

4 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Frank Wilson said...

Hey, Carl - I like it. But to comment on something you said about yourself on my blog: Nobody is a nobody. Thanks for the input, by the way. Got an email address?


 

 

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

It's cwbaie at hotmail, Frank.

Thanks for stopping by - I'm honored.


 

 

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Carl...but have you considered that it is your duty to share these little miracles? I mean, what if seeing a corn-flake God was really supposed to be an epiphany for some soul out there?

All I know is that when dusted under my bed, one of the bunnies spoke to me. I had to tell the world, for fear that it wasn't real. And the world didn't answer, so I'm safe now, knowing that it was.

I may write about it someday. I wonder if there will be cornflakes in my bowl that morning?

-- Char.


 

 

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

I shirk most of my duties, Char. Most people are handling their own conditioning quite well, anyway.
Remember the random-reward skinner box from psych101, and superstitious behaviors?

No offence, dear. This has nothing to do with looking under one's bed for Wonderful Miraculous Dustbunnies.
WMD's are real, but well-hidden.


 

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

Literary Shirts, Gifts