Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I’m Still Alive
Well, I’m back (sort of.)

I got very busy at work, helping our machinist design and build a ridiculous quantity of wild pig traps for the Department of Natural Resources. Then I had an accident with a blowtorch, lost vision for a little while, and am recovering from severe burns to my hands. There’s poetry in there somewhere, but I refuse to acknowledge it.

The DNR orders quirky stuff from us around this time every year. Last year, it was custom rockets. Big, ugly, solid-fueled rockets made of iron. To catch Canadian geese. I didn't launch myself into orbit.

On a comforting note, our traps are catching up to 20 wild pigs per night, each. Sleep safe.

posted by Carl Bryant @ 1:34 PM   4 comments Literary Shirts

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

4 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Yes'm.

Hooks welded onto the body tubes were attached to netting and several were launched simultaneously at a shallow angle above flocks of geese on land. I guess it works - we haven't had any complaints.

The sight thing was a UV flashburn. It's completely healed.


 

 

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Julie Carter said...

Ze goggles, zey do nuzzink!

Good to see you back. Good that you can see you back. And you front.


 

 

At 8:40 PM, Blogger writingblind said...

Glad to know you're alive and well and protecting us from the hordes of free-roaming wild pigs.


 

 

At 7:40 PM, Blogger lorguru said...

So glad to have you back! A lot has happened since your absence. For example, I became a cartoon. Life is easier this way. You should try it.


 

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

Literary Shirts, Gifts