Monday, January 22, 2007

Fishing



I spent last Sunday on the Broad River with my new fly rod. A great blue heron was fishing just upstream, and was apparently much more skilled.

I spent an hour following him up the river, picking up fishing tips and snapping photos with my Rebel (70/300 lens and Kodak HD400 film - for those that care.)




Clicking either photograph will take you to my photographic tile boxes and other items with that image.

posted by Carl Bryant @ 11:26 AM   6 comments Literary Shirts

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

6 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger SarahJane said...

great picture, carl. i take it you didn't catch many fishes.


 

 

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Actually, Sarah...

I fell in love with the heron and forgot about my flyrod.


 

 

At 1:16 AM, Blogger LKD said...

What a beautiful photograph, Carl.

It almost looks like a painting.

In my next life, I think I'd like to be a blue heron.


 

 

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Yes, lovely photos.


 

 

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Thanks, Laurel and Collin.

I've been getting lots of mileage from that camera. I told myself that it would be cheaper to buy a film body because decent digitals are still so expensive. After months of spending a hundred bucks a week on film and lab fees, I'm wondering if that was such a bright idea.


 

 

At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Fishing Charter said...

Fishing is an exciting experience. The joy that it brings and the happy moments with the family is the most important thing that can happen. It is the bonding time for them during a vacation. A nice fishing trip with a good Fishing charter will make the adventure a memorable one.


 

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

Literary Shirts, Gifts