Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Great Debates
At significant risk to her immortal soul, my protestant wife has finally acknowledged the existence of evolution.

Not the big and scary "Moses was making stuff up" evolution, but the harmless little "bacteria evolve immunity so you’d better take your antibiotics properly or you’re gonna meet Jesus" evolution.

My wife and I often discuss our differing core beliefs. They usually take the form of a Socratic debate. Somehow, I always end up playing the role of Socratic fool. Must be a guy thing.

Anyway, I finally won last week with the "bacteria" point. I had to share my triumph.

Other points frequently argued but never won:

1. If it’s been over a month, who washed the dishes last doesn’t matter.
2. Whoever is foolish enough to feed the dog has to clean up its poop.
3. If laundry tags were meant to be read, they’d be on the outside of clothes.
4. Thieves are not actively trying to steal my identity. Nobody wants to be me.
5. Jehovah’s Witnesses are not "company."

posted by Carl Bryant @ 12:46 PM   2 comments Literary Shirts

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fave:
"2. Whoever is foolish enough to feed the dog has to clean up its poop." Of course, I won that argument a long time ago. I feed the cats, my husband cleans the litter box. This may be why I find this one so funny. Glad to see you back posting, now and again.


 

 

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Carl Bryant said...

Hi Christine!

It's nice to hear from you, too!

I hope everyone is well.


 

 

Post a Comment

<< Return to Front of Carl's Tiny Brain

Literary Shirts, Gifts